I had a vintage sheet that was just big enough to use as the backing and white squares. It has little bouquets of flowers with bows, so I was able to coordinate several different colors of fabric leftover from other projects.
I did mostly straight line quilting. I've been wanting to try out free motion quilting for a while now, so I decided to try some doodly (that's a technical term) flowers in the negative spaces.
I'm really pleased with it and she was thrilled. I enjoyed my first taste of FMQ, now I'm trying to come up with some small projects so I can practice. I'm seeing pot holders and place-mats in the near future.