Sunday, October 24, 2010

I got a new camera!

A little over a year ago, we were at a wedding and my old point and shoot died.  We got a total of 2 pics and then it went completely kaput, the LCD to be forever after black.  I had been secretly coveting a DSLR for quite some time and decided I would not buy a new camera until I could afford one.  Finally, yesterday, that day arrived! I am the proud owner of a new Canon Rebel.  Today while I was visiting my dad I got to try it out for the first time.

This is one of the coolest shots I got all day:

This is by far not professional and shot totally in Auto, but look, you can see the tiny lady bug legs!  And how neat is the depth of field with the background totally blurred and the bug and chippy paint in focus?

I'm just learning all the functions of the camera in Auto now.  Hopefully, I will slowly but steadily learn the advanced functions and manual modes to soon become the photo ninja that I aspire to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment