Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rocky lives next door

There are flying squirrels living in my Father in law's storage building.  Babe Jr came running in today yelling for me to get my camera because one had come out where we could see him.  The neighbors probably thought I was nuts.  I ran out in my cut off sweat-shorts with a brown pea coat, gray ugg boots, and my camera strapped around my neck.  But, I got his photo.



And it looks like this is where he's been hibernating.  I have no idea what that actually is in the bag.


I'll definitely be watching for him this summer.  I'd love to get some shots of him gliding between the trees.

6 comments:

  1. It's probably more like what it WAS in the bag! :-) Very cute and great catch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I think whatever is in the bag looks slightly comfy... and warm!
    I have run into the garden in my robe and flip flops just to get a damn picture.... poor neighbours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father in law informed me it was just a bag of rags. Apparently Rocky added some insulation and various other bits of soft things of his own. I kind of feel sorry for him that he built his home in a Walmart bag of all things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I'm surprised he waited for his close up. I'll be looking for his in-flight shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ew! Ew! We had them in our attic space in our house in NJ, and they've always really creeped me out (as my DD says). Your pictures make him not look quite so nightmare-inducing, but still... Ew! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute - would love to see him flying!

    ReplyDelete