Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Confections

We've started making the goodies for Christmas weekend.  My mother in law made several cakes and a peanut butter pie (mmmmm, one of my favorites!)  Since I like to take some as a hostess gift when we make our Christmas rounds, I made a lot of candy.

3 dozen Oreo Truffles

4 pans of Pretzel Turtles


1 pan of Peppermint Bark


I've also made a Caramel Pie, but it still needs to chill in the fridge a bit.  I'll probably dip some pretzels and Ritz with peanut butter tomorrow since I have some almond bark leftover.  So far the turtles seem to be the biggest hit this year, thank goodness they are the easiest to make.  Now I'm going to sink into a sugar crash coma and rest for a while. 

Merry Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy - sounds like there will be no shortage of sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've got some baking skills. I'll bet hubby would love those pretzel turtles. Would you mind sharing a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to try the oreo truffles today!! Cute and tasty little packages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmm. I want to come to your house.

    ReplyDelete